Catyph: The Kunci Experiment
A downloadable game for Windows
"In 2062, Men from Terra have access to a new technology from a mysterious Black Cube they found 5 years before. With this new power, they decide to explore their solar system, in search for signs of intelligent life. They send you at the discovery of planet Catyph and its moon Tytaah."
CATYPH: The Kunci Experiment is Another Space Adventure reminiscent of Myst and Rhem, and you can absolutely play it without knowing anything about the first Black Cube game, ASA: A Space Adventure. With the help of the data that you collect on Tytaah, you must attempt to access the 7 regions of this moon. Your main mission: understand what the Kunci is. The whole game relies on observation, discovery and exploration.
CATYPH is an independant and self-funded game, mainly created by one person in 2 years. It has been envisaged as an experience, an interactive story based on exploration and logical puzzles. The game is made of static pictures with video transitions, and has a lifetime of 10~30+ hours.
English and French
Catyph: Light Edition (2 years anniversary edition) is also given with this puchase.
If you buy the game here on itch.io, you'll have the possibility to request a free Steam key. Catyph is also available for purchase on Steam and Humble Store.
This game is difficult and requires a pen and a paper to take notes. A walkthrough is available here.
Download Update 1.2 separately.
Original release date: May 11th, 2016
The beautiful SciFi soundtrack of CATYPH was composed by KARREO and is available for free download and streaming. Several artists joined their forces to create a unique OST (Stélian Derenne, Jeff K-Ray, Antoine Vachon, Pol Desmurs and Cécile Cognet).
For more info about this project, follow The Icehouse collective on Tumblr or Facebook!
- Visit the vast moon of Tytaah (7 regions: desert, snow, alien forest, mercury seas and more)
- 15~30 hours of gameplay
- Over 800 transition videos and 2000 background images
- OST: 18 tracks composed by the artists of KARREO
- Immersive story: try to save Terra with the support of General Lantier, and learn more about the mysterious "god" of Tytaah: Germinal
- Play in HD 1920x800
- Unlock bonuses (minigames and films)
- Developed with Visionaire Studio (Deponia...)
- Choose a difficulty level: Normal/Hard, or also Story/Classic modes
- Benefit of useful icons over the hotspots
- Available for Windows in full English and French texts
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: