Boinihi: The K'i Codex
A downloadable game for Windows
Boïnihi: The K’i Codex is, in the pure tradition of the Black Cube series, an exploration game where solving puzzles requires observation and learning the codes of the world. Created by Simon Mesnard (ASA, Catyph, Myha...) and magnified by an oriental-sounding music composed by Yazorius, Boïnihi has a gameplay never before seen in the series, halfway between Myst-like and traditional adventure games.
"An astronaut has been wandering through space for 4 years, and finally landed on an uncharted moon, where a mysterious hermit used to live alone. Boïnihi was his name, and he was one of the rare survivors of a terrible event known as "Day Zero", which happened long, long ago..."
Boïnihi is an independent and self-funded game, mainly created by one person. It has been envisaged as a 1st person adventure with a hybrid gameplay (3rd person camera). You will go through an exotic story based on the exploration of a faraway moon and the solving of didactic logical puzzles. This game is reminiscent of the Myst series but also point and click games like Syberia, The Longest Journey...
English and French (DRM-free)
Additional Bonus folder included in this purchase (mp3, video, dvd cover, comic book...)
If you buy the game here on itch.io, you'll have the possibility to request a free Steam key. Boinihi is also available for purchase on Steam.
This game is difficult and requires a pen and a paper to take notes.
Original release date: May 27th, 2020
The beautiful SciFi soundtrack of BOINIHI was composed by YAZORIUS and is available for free in streaming.
Hybrid gameplay, between 1st person adventure (Myst, Rhem...) and 3rd person (Syberia, etc.)
Please note that a large part of Boïnihi is played with mouse, however moving the character is closer to what you could see in Grim Fandango and so playing with keyboard is mandatory (arrows or WASD). Visit the regions of the moon of the hermit, take notes on a piece of paper, and solve the puzzles!
- A new episode in the The Black Cube sci-fi series (ASA, Catyph, Myha...), which can be played separately
- Visit the moon of Boïnihi (4 regions: Peibin Lake, Library Island, Ailhon Woods and Hydra Crest)
- Play as a Terran astronaut. Pick up items. Search for clues and solve puzzles to progress in the story
- 3D character on prerendered backgrounds
- Around 7~12 hours long (without the use of a walkthrough)
- Includes 3d animated videos for a better immersion
- 12 original music tracks composed by Yazorius, instruments with an asian/oriental sound
- Bonus folder included in the game files (mp3, video, DVD cover, comics...)
- Starring Klemens Koehring (Dark Nights with Poe and Munroe, JULIA: Among the Stars...) as the voice of the Hero Astronaut and as the voice of Boïnihi
- Learn step by step to decode the mysterious K'i Codex, a handpainted book made by Boïnihi himself
- Developed with Visionaire Studio engine (Deponia...)
- Available for Windows in English and French
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $17.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: